This course is included in a Typsy Premium subscription along with 150+ other courses.
Entering a high-end spa should transport you to a realm of sophistication, perfection, and tailored experiences-a level of indulgence that distinguishes it from ordinary spas. However, if your guest service falls short, that immersive journey might crumble, leaving your guests feeling less than luxurious.
Across these lessons, we'll talk about how to create a luxurious environment that immerses your guests in relaxation and indulgence. You'll discover essential tips that cover the entire guest spa journey in this luxury spa and wellness guest services course led by Regional Spa Director, Karen Coetzee.
What you'll learn in the Luxury spa and wellness guest services course
- The differences between luxury spas and non-luxury spas
- How to communicate with guests in a professional and guest-friendly manner
- How to conduct spa tours and showcase the spa's offerings in a tailored and engaging manner
- Best practice tips for scheduling appointments to maximize guest satisfaction
- The importance of a well-designed and carefully curated spa environment in creating a sense of tranquillity and luxury for guests
- How to use a daily checklist to assess and address various aspects of the spa environment
- The importance of a positive first impression through appearance and demeanor
- How to acknowledge one guest when busy with another
- The importance of being the expert on products and services offered
- How to recommend treatments based on individual guest preferences, goals, and concerns
- How to check in a guest and gather all required information
- How to use active listening and non-verbal communication to enhance the guest experience
- How to create a personalized and memorable farewell experience
- The importance of respecting guest privacy in spa interactions
And much more!
Who the Luxury spa and wellness guest services course is for
The Luxury spa and wellness guest services online course is aimed at beginners and spa professionals looking to enhance every moment of the spa experience for their guests.
Meet your instructor
Karen Coetzee, has over 22 years of experience in the luxury spa industry, and has risen from a Spa Therapist at the age of 18 to become the Regional Director of Spa for Rixos Hotels Egypt. She has won numerous accolades such as GCC Spa Leader of the Year and contributed to multiple award-winning spas.
13 lessons included in this course
Prove you’re job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass the quiz.
- Earn a digital badge that you can print or share on
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dream a reality.
How courses work
Start a course to master new skills in your chosen specialist area. Work through a series of topic-focused lessons at your own pace, and pass the final quiz to earn a digital certificate that proves your expertise.
Join a 10-day trial
Begin a free trial where you get access to all courses, quizzes, and certificates that you can complete anytime during the 10 days. Cancel anytime with no charge.
Watch all the lessons
Complete all the lessons included in the course. Each lesson is generally 3-5 minutes long.
Pass the quiz
At the end of each course is a quiz. The quiz will test that you have retained the key learning outcomes in each course.
Earn digital badges
Receive a digital badge for every completed course that you can download and share with your professional network.
Become an expert
Use your specialist training to build confidence, progress further in your career, or build expertise in areas you're passionate about.
All Typsy courses are endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
Typsy courses have been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality which demonstrates the courses:
- Adhere to good practice standards in training and training delivery
- Are relevant to the needs of the industry
- Meet a wide range of essential criteria relating to quality standards and quality learning outcomes
What to expect when you learn on Typsy
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into lessons that you can complete as quickly or slowly as you like.
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, downloadable resources, and practical activities.
- Stay motivated by using the progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores.
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners.
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course.
- Join the conversation by following us on social media and replying to comments from others.
What our members are saying
"I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are."
"Been loving Typsy so far! It was honestly like love at first sight, with the plethora of informative courses at my fingertips in such high quality and certified instructors. I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are, whether you're a novice or an expert... Highly recommend Typsy to everyone who's a part of the hospitality industry."
"It assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills."
"I have been using the Typsy online training platform since April 2020 and have found it to be very informative, simple, and it provides hands-on, practical skills that I have been able to immediately implement at my accommodation facility. It also assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills to enhance my guests' experiences in the future."
Included in Typsy Premium
Start learning today - with your free 10-day trial.
After your free trial you can:
- Pay per year to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Learn at your own pace
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network