This course is included in a Typsy Premium subscription along with 150+ other courses.
One of the most challenging parts of the service industry is knowing how to respond when a customer is unhappy. Unfortunately, customer complaints are inevitable - mistakes happen, and we're all human. The most important thing is what you do to recover after receiving a customer complaint, making sure all your guests feel attended and appreciated.
Enter service recovery! This course is your ticket to being able to respond effectively and promptly to mistakes and complaints, so you can continually deliver an exceptional guest experience, even if something goes wrong. Across these lessons, you'll discover key techniques, practical strategies, and real life examples to help you feel confident recovering service, no matter what.
Mastering essential customer service skills through this course will equip you with the knowledge and techniques to handle mistakes and complaints promptly, ensuring a consistently exceptional guest experience, even in challenging situations.
Your instructor for the Customer service recovery course is Dan Cockerell, Former Vice President of Disney's Magic Kingdom.
What you'll learn in the Customer service recovery course
- What customer service recovery means
- Key principles for effective service recovery
- Using the LAST method for service recovery, including:
- Listening effectively to guests
- Apologizing to guests
- Solving guest challenges
- Thanking guests for feedback
- Making sure guests feel heard
- Planning for service recovery
- Continuous service recovery improvement
In this course, you will receive comprehensive customer service training aimed at enhancing your customer service skills. Through this course, you will acquire the necessary knowledge and techniques to effectively handle challenging customer situations, recover from service failures, and turn dissatisfied customers into loyal advocates.
Who the Customer service recovery course is for
The Customer service recovery online course is aimed at front-line customer service employees looking to optimize their response to service challenges. Our online course is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in delivering exceptional service.
Meet your instructor
11 lessons included in this course
Prove you’re job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass the quiz.
- Earn a digital badge that you can print or share on
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dream a reality.
How courses work
Start a course to master new skills in your chosen specialist area. Work through a series of topic-focused lessons at your own pace, and pass the final quiz to earn a digital certificate that proves your expertise.
Join a 10-day trial
Begin a free trial where you get access to all courses, quizzes, and certificates that you can complete anytime during the 10 days. Cancel anytime with no charge.
Watch all the lessons
Complete all the lessons included in the course. Each lesson is generally 3-5 minutes long.
Pass the quiz
At the end of each course is a quiz. The quiz will test that you have retained the key learning outcomes in each course.
Earn digital badges
Receive a digital badge for every completed course that you can download and share with your professional network.
Become an expert
Use your specialist training to build confidence, progress further in your career, or build expertise in areas you're passionate about.
All Typsy courses are endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
Typsy courses have been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality which demonstrates the courses:
- Adhere to good practice standards in training and training delivery
- Are relevant to the needs of the industry
- Meet a wide range of essential criteria relating to quality standards and quality learning outcomes
What to expect when you learn on Typsy
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into lessons that you can complete as quickly or slowly as you like.
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, downloadable resources, and practical activities.
- Stay motivated by using the progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores.
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners.
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course.
- Join the conversation by following us on social media and replying to comments from others.
What our members are saying
"I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are."
"Been loving Typsy so far! It was honestly like love at first sight, with the plethora of informative courses at my fingertips in such high quality and certified instructors. I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are, whether you're a novice or an expert... Highly recommend Typsy to everyone who's a part of the hospitality industry."
"It assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills."
"I have been using the Typsy online training platform since April 2020 and have found it to be very informative, simple, and it provides hands-on, practical skills that I have been able to immediately implement at my accommodation facility. It also assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills to enhance my guests' experiences in the future."
Included in Typsy Premium
Start learning today - with your free 10-day trial.
After your free trial you can:
- Pay per year to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Learn at your own pace
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network