When you think of fine dining, what do you picture? Pristine table cloths? Delicious, intricate meals? Elegant waiters carrying trays of delicate glassware? Fine dining is all of this, but also so much more. It’s about delivering a truly extraordinary experience in every way.
Working in fine dining can be challenging, but also deeply rewarding. The standards and expectations are high, but so is the fun and energy of the fine dining environment! Meeting those standards is about honing your skills, understanding the industry, and being prepared. So that’s exactly what you’ll get in this course.
Guided by fine dining expert Julien Gardin, you’ll get an introduction to the world of fine dining service skills - including the fundamentals you need to know to get started in the industry.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- What fine dining service means
- Presentation and grooming standards in fine dining
- How to communicate effectively during fine dining service
- The different roles and responsibilities within the fine dining team
- What makes a fine dining experience extraordinary and memorable
- How to deliver exceptional fine dining service
- The challenges you might encounter in fine dining
- The benefits and opportunities in fine dining
- What ‘attention to detail’ means for fine dining service
- How you can contribute to innovation and perfection in a fine dining venue
- How to optimize a floor plan for fine dining
- The best way to set a table for fine dining service
This course is aimed at hospitality newcomers, or front of house staff who are interested in expanding their service skills into fine dining.