This course is included in a Typsy Premium subscription along with 150+ other courses.
As a hospitality business owner, you've got your hands full with day-to-day business operations - the last thing you need to be worrying about is your kitchen hemorrhaging money.
With the right systems in place, you can take control of your finances to run a business that gives you the most bang for your buck. By reducing waste and easily avoidable mistakes, you'll soon start to see the results in your profits.
With 15 years of experience as a professional cook, Ryan Gromfin has experienced all this first hand. Now as the founder of the consulting company The Restaurant Boss, Ryan works with restaurant owners to reduce costs and increase profits.
In this Better food cost management online course, he shares his pro tips and formulas to help you achieve better food cost management in your venue.
Enroll in our Food Cost Control Course and learn how to control food and beverage costs effectively. With Ryan Gromfin's expert guidance from The Restaurant Boss, you can reduce expenses, increase profits, and optimize your business operations. Take charge of your business's financial success!
What you will learn in the Better food cost management course
- How to calculate cost of goods sold
- How to calculate prime cost
- How to calculate batch recipe and menu item costs
- How to calculate actual and ideal food costs
- How to manage inventory in your venue
- How to manage portion control in the kitchen
- How to reduce food waste and kitchen theft
- How to negotiate with vendors for the best deal
- How to use a food order guide
Take a Food Cost Management Course: Improve your knowledge of food cost control through our "Better Food Cost Management Course." Learn to calculate cost of goods sold, prime cost, and batch recipe/menu item costs. Gain insights into managing inventory, portion control, and reducing food waste/theft. Acquire valuable skills in negotiating with vendors for the best deals and utilizing a food order guide effectively. Enroll now to enhance your restaurant's profitability and efficiency.
Who the Better food cost management course is for
Hospitality business owners and managers, sharpen up your financial skills with help from the experts!
Meet your instructor
10 lessons included in this course
Prove you’re job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass the quiz.
- Earn a digital badge that you can print or share on
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dream a reality.
How courses work
Start a course to master new skills in your chosen specialist area. Work through a series of topic-focused lessons at your own pace, and pass the final quiz to earn a digital certificate that proves your expertise.
Join a 10-day trial
Begin a free trial where you get access to all courses, quizzes, and certificates that you can complete anytime during the 10 days. Cancel anytime with no charge.
Watch all the lessons
Complete all the lessons included in the course. Each lesson is generally 3-5 minutes long.
Pass the quiz
At the end of each course is a quiz. The quiz will test that you have retained the key learning outcomes in each course.
Earn digital badges
Receive a digital badge for every completed course that you can download and share with your professional network.
Become an expert
Use your specialist training to build confidence, progress further in your career, or build expertise in areas you're passionate about.
All Typsy courses are endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
Typsy courses have been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality which demonstrates the courses:
- Adhere to good practice standards in training and training delivery
- Are relevant to the needs of the industry
- Meet a wide range of essential criteria relating to quality standards and quality learning outcomes
What to expect when you learn on Typsy
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into lessons that you can complete as quickly or slowly as you like.
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, downloadable resources, and practical activities.
- Stay motivated by using the progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores.
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners.
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course.
- Join the conversation by following us on social media and replying to comments from others.
What our members are saying
"I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are."
"Been loving Typsy so far! It was honestly like love at first sight, with the plethora of informative courses at my fingertips in such high quality and certified instructors. I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are, whether you're a novice or an expert... Highly recommend Typsy to everyone who's a part of the hospitality industry."
"It assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills."
"I have been using the Typsy online training platform since April 2020 and have found it to be very informative, simple, and it provides hands-on, practical skills that I have been able to immediately implement at my accommodation facility. It also assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills to enhance my guests' experiences in the future."
Included in Typsy Premium
Start learning today - with your free 10-day trial.
After your free trial you can:
- Pay per year to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Learn at your own pace
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network