Food delivery is one of the fastest growing areas of hospitality operations and services. This was true even before 2020, but since the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak across the world, food delivery has become a fundamental element of how cafes and restaurants stay afloat when dine-in options are limited or unfeasible.
This course has been designed to help you understand what you need to know about how food delivery can work best for your business - everything from logistics to staff to maintaining great product quality from start to end.
With guidance from Scott Landers, co-founder of Figure 8 Logistics and expert in managing direct-to-consumer food operations, you can discover how to improve your offering and take advantage of this ever-expanding area of hospitality.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The marketplace delivery cycle
- How to adapt your kitchen process for delivery
- Understanding logistical considerations for delivery operations
- How to incorporate guest feedback into your processes
- Planning your delivery operations
- How to test and launch your delivery process
- How to ensure you maintain great quality food during delivery
- What the future of food delivery looks like
- How to manage delivery staff and build rapport
This course is aimed at managers, owners and operators of hospitality venues offering food and beverage delivery.