This course is included in a Typsy Premium subscription along with 150+ other courses.
Where occupational health and safety is concerned, hospitality workers are considered much more vulnerable than workers in most other industries.
Obviously any job where glass, knives and hot stoves are a regular feature is going to come with its fair share of injuries – especially when that job also happens to be fast-paced and often high-stress.
But hospitality workers are also susceptible to long-term health problems such as repetitive strain injuries, disrupted circadian rhythm and nutritional deficiencies. While it’s hard to completely avoid the occasional cut or burn in this industry, these long-term health issues are actually largely preventable.
Personal trainer and nutritionist Leandra Rouse works with businesses to create unique staff wellbeing programs. With years of experience in the hospitality industry, she is all too familiar with the stress that service work can create – and she’s determined to help hospitality workers prioritize their health and wellbeing.
What you will learn in the Exercise tips for hospitality workers course
This online course is all about you! By the end you’ll be ready to prepare your body for the demands of your job and feel better at work every day. You’ll learn:
- Back exercises to build functional core strength
- The best shoulder exercises for hospitality workers
- How to strengthen your wrists for repetitive actions on the job
- Pre-shift stretching exercises to help you warm up
- How to maintain good posture during those long shifts
- How to lift something heavy without injury
- How to hold a tray without straining your muscles (or dropping it)
- How to shake a cocktail (over and over again without straining your arms)
- Tips for eating healthy at work
- Post-shift stretching exercises to cool off
- Tips to help you wind down and sleep after a shift
In the hospitality industry we focus on food, drinks and top notch service that creates wonderful experiences for our guests, but the one thing we haven’t been so quick to pick up on is looking after ourselves!
To maintain long and prosperous careers in this industry, we have to start prioritizing our health and wellbeing.
Who the Exercise tips for hospitality workers course is for
Hospitality workers, it’s time to look out for number one! Get the skills you need to take your career to the next level.
Meet your instructor
11 lessons included in this course
Prove you’re job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass the quiz.
- Earn a digital badge that you can print or share on
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dream a reality.
How courses work
Start a course to master new skills in your chosen specialist area. Work through a series of topic-focused lessons at your own pace, and pass the final quiz to earn a digital certificate that proves your expertise.
Join a 10-day trial
Begin a free trial where you get access to all courses, quizzes, and certificates that you can complete anytime during the 10 days. Cancel anytime with no charge.
Watch all the lessons
Complete all the lessons included in the course. Each lesson is generally 3-5 minutes long.
Pass the quiz
At the end of each course is a quiz. The quiz will test that you have retained the key learning outcomes in each course.
Earn digital badges
Receive a digital badge for every completed course that you can download and share with your professional network.
Become an expert
Use your specialist training to build confidence, progress further in your career, or build expertise in areas you're passionate about.
All Typsy courses are endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
Typsy courses have been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality which demonstrates the courses:
- Adhere to good practice standards in training and training delivery
- Are relevant to the needs of the industry
- Meet a wide range of essential criteria relating to quality standards and quality learning outcomes
What to expect when you learn on Typsy
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into lessons that you can complete as quickly or slowly as you like.
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, downloadable resources, and practical activities.
- Stay motivated by using the progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores.
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners.
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course.
- Join the conversation by following us on social media and replying to comments from others.
What our members are saying
"I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are."
"Been loving Typsy so far! It was honestly like love at first sight, with the plethora of informative courses at my fingertips in such high quality and certified instructors. I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are, whether you're a novice or an expert... Highly recommend Typsy to everyone who's a part of the hospitality industry."
"It assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills."
"I have been using the Typsy online training platform since April 2020 and have found it to be very informative, simple, and it provides hands-on, practical skills that I have been able to immediately implement at my accommodation facility. It also assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills to enhance my guests' experiences in the future."
Included in Typsy Premium
Start learning today - with your free 10-day trial.
After your free trial you can:
- Pay per year to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Learn at your own pace
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network