This course is included in a Typsy Premium subscription along with 150+ other courses.
Serving a guest with a disability can sometimes feel like a daunting task. You may think that they need to be served in a special way, or get nervous that you'll accidentally say or do the wrong thing. The truth is, guests with disabilities are just like everyone else, and just want the opportunity to access the same level of service as any other guest.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of environmental and social barriers that can prevent your guests with disabilities from having a great experience. By enrolling in the Offering service to guests with disabilities course, you will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to overcome environmental and social barriers, ensuring a positive experience for guests with disabilities. This comprehensive course will provide you with a deeper understanding of disabilities and their challenges, empowering you to create a truly inclusive and world-class experience for every guest you serve.
Join Co-Founder of Wheel the World, Alvaro Silberstein, as he shares his expertise. With his guidance, you'll discover how to make sure your guests with disabilities always feel included and respected, no matter what!
What you'll learn in the Offering service to guests with disabilities course
- What inclusive service is
- The social model of disability
- The social view to disability
- Some common myths about guests with disabilities
- How to communicate with guests with disabilities
- How to offer assistance to guests with disabilities
- How to serve guests with:
- Visual disabilities
- Hearing disabilities
- Physical disabilities
- Cognitive disabilities
- Best practices for handling service animals
- And much more!
In this course, you will gain valuable knowledge and skills to provide exceptional assistance and support to guests with disabilities. By the end of the course, you will receive a badge of course completion, validating your expertise in accommodating and serving individuals with diverse needs.
Who the Offering service to guests with disabilities course is for
The Offering service to guests with disabilities online course is aimed at front line service staff looking to offer an enhanced experience to guests with disabilities.
Meet your instructor
12 lessons included in this course
Prove you’re job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass the quiz.
- Earn a digital badge that you can print or share on
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dream a reality.
How courses work
Start a course to master new skills in your chosen specialist area. Work through a series of topic-focused lessons at your own pace, and pass the final quiz to earn a digital certificate that proves your expertise.
Join a 10-day trial
Begin a free trial where you get access to all courses, quizzes, and certificates that you can complete anytime during the 10 days. Cancel anytime with no charge.
Watch all the lessons
Complete all the lessons included in the course. Each lesson is generally 3-5 minutes long.
Pass the quiz
At the end of each course is a quiz. The quiz will test that you have retained the key learning outcomes in each course.
Earn digital badges
Receive a digital badge for every completed course that you can download and share with your professional network.
Become an expert
Use your specialist training to build confidence, progress further in your career, or build expertise in areas you're passionate about.
All Typsy courses are endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
Typsy courses have been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality which demonstrates the courses:
- Adhere to good practice standards in training and training delivery
- Are relevant to the needs of the industry
- Meet a wide range of essential criteria relating to quality standards and quality learning outcomes
What to expect when you learn on Typsy
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into lessons that you can complete as quickly or slowly as you like.
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, downloadable resources, and practical activities.
- Stay motivated by using the progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores.
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners.
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course.
- Join the conversation by following us on social media and replying to comments from others.
What our members are saying
"I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are."
"Been loving Typsy so far! It was honestly like love at first sight, with the plethora of informative courses at my fingertips in such high quality and certified instructors. I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are, whether you're a novice or an expert... Highly recommend Typsy to everyone who's a part of the hospitality industry."
"It assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills."
"I have been using the Typsy online training platform since April 2020 and have found it to be very informative, simple, and it provides hands-on, practical skills that I have been able to immediately implement at my accommodation facility. It also assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills to enhance my guests' experiences in the future."
Included in Typsy Premium
Start learning today - with your free 10-day trial.
After your free trial you can:
- Pay per year to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Learn at your own pace
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network