This course is included in a Typsy Free subscription along with 8 other courses. This course is also included in all paid Premium subscriptions, along with 150+ other courses.
Being healthy does not only result in the absence of physical symptoms. It's a combination of physical, mental, and emotional factors that may affect your overall health and wellbeing. Working in the hospitality industry means working long shifts, in high-pressured roles and in a fast-paced environment, which can impact your health.
In this online course, Laura Green, founder of Healthy Pour, teaches you about mental health, as well as health and wellbeing in the hospitality industry. From the different types of demands in hospitality to understanding the meaning of health and wellbeing, you'll learn tips and facts that will make your work-life balance healthier.
What you'll learn in the Health and wellbeing in hospitality course
In this course, you'll gain a profound understanding of mental wellness management within the hospitality sector. We'll explore the unique demands of this industry and how they impact mental health, equipping you with strategies to maintain a balanced work-life dynamic. Our curriculum also emphasizes debunking common myths about mental health, ensuring you can distinguish fact from fiction.
This comprehensive program delves deep into stress management techniques tailored for the fast-paced hospitality environment. Beyond guest satisfaction, we focus on safeguarding the emotional well-being of your team. Whether you're a seasoned professional or a newcomer, this course offers the tools and insights to excel in the industry while prioritizing mental wellness. Enroll today and embark on a transformative journey.
- The meaning of health and wellbeing
- The different types of demands in the hospitality industry
- How the hospitality industry can impact your health and wellbeing
- How to create a healthy work-life balance
- Different myths and misconceptions of mental health
- What stress is and different ways to manage it
Who is the Health and wellbeing in hospitality course for
This online course is ideal for anyone working in the hospitality industry.
Meet your instructor
12 lessons included in this course
Prove you’re job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass the quiz.
- Earn a digital badge that you can print or share on
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dream a reality.
How courses work
Start a course to master new skills in your chosen specialist area. Work through a series of topic-focused lessons at your own pace, and pass the final quiz to earn a digital certificate that proves your expertise.
Join a 10-day trial
Begin a free trial where you get access to all courses, quizzes, and certificates that you can complete anytime during the 10 days. Cancel anytime with no charge.
Watch all the lessons
Complete all the lessons included in the course. Each lesson is generally 3-5 minutes long.
Pass the quiz
At the end of each course is a quiz. The quiz will test that you have retained the key learning outcomes in each course.
Earn digital badges
Receive a digital badge for every completed course that you can download and share with your professional network.
Become an expert
Use your specialist training to build confidence, progress further in your career, or build expertise in areas you're passionate about.
All Typsy courses are endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
Typsy courses have been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality which demonstrates the courses:
- Adhere to good practice standards in training and training delivery
- Are relevant to the needs of the industry
- Meet a wide range of essential criteria relating to quality standards and quality learning outcomes
What to expect when you learn on Typsy
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into lessons that you can complete as quickly or slowly as you like.
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, downloadable resources, and practical activities.
- Stay motivated by using the progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores.
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners.
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course.
- Join the conversation by following us on social media and replying to comments from others.
What our members are saying
"I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are."
"Been loving Typsy so far! It was honestly like love at first sight, with the plethora of informative courses at my fingertips in such high quality and certified instructors. I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are, whether you're a novice or an expert... Highly recommend Typsy to everyone who's a part of the hospitality industry."
"It assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills."
"I have been using the Typsy online training platform since April 2020 and have found it to be very informative, simple, and it provides hands-on, practical skills that I have been able to immediately implement at my accommodation facility. It also assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills to enhance my guests' experiences in the future."
Included in Typsy Premium
Start learning today - with your free 10-day trial.
After your free trial you can:
- Pay per year to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Learn at your own pace
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network