This course is included in a Typsy Premium subscription along with 150+ other courses.
Get ready to explore the classic sauces you know... with twists you didn't know you needed.
The classic French sauces are long-time staples of western cuisine, but that doesn't mean they're beyond innovation. In fact, these sauces - béchamel, tomato, velouté, espagnole, hollandaise, and mayonnaise - are perfect bases to start thinking about how you can make classic French flavors work for you, your kitchen, and your guests.
By enrolling in the Reimagining classic sauces course led by renowned Chef Suzanne Barr, you will gain valuable insights into alternative ingredients and techniques, expanding your repertoire of recipes and culinary skills. Throughout the course, you will explore the reasons behind chefs worldwide reimagining the classics and acquire essential knowledge on factors to consider when embarking on your own sauce reimagining endeavors.
What you'll learn in the Reimagining classic sauces course
- A refresher of the traditional sauces of French cuisine - béchamel, tomato, velouté, espagnole, hollandaise, and mayonnaise
- The benefits of reimagining classic sauces
- A method to get you started reimagining classic sauces
- An option for reimagining a béchamel sauce
- An option for reimagining a tomato sauce
- An option for reimagining a velouté sauce
- An option for reimagining an espagnole sauce
- An option for reimagining a hollandaise sauce
- An option for reimagining a mayonnaise sauce
- Practical demonstrations for each sauce
- And much more!
In this course, you will explore the art of classic French sauces and learn innovative techniques to elevate them to new culinary heights. By the end of the course, you will receive a badge of course completion, showcasing your mastery in reimagining and creating exquisite variations of these timeless sauces.
Who the Reimagining classic sauces course is for
The Reimagining classic sauces online course is aimed at experienced or aspiring chefs looking for inspiration and techniques to reimagine classic French sauces.
Meet your instructor
11 lessons included in this course
Prove you’re job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass the quiz.
- Earn a digital badge that you can print or share on
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dream a reality.
How courses work
Start a course to master new skills in your chosen specialist area. Work through a series of topic-focused lessons at your own pace, and pass the final quiz to earn a digital certificate that proves your expertise.
Join a 10-day trial
Begin a free trial where you get access to all courses, quizzes, and certificates that you can complete anytime during the 10 days. Cancel anytime with no charge.
Watch all the lessons
Complete all the lessons included in the course. Each lesson is generally 3-5 minutes long.
Pass the quiz
At the end of each course is a quiz. The quiz will test that you have retained the key learning outcomes in each course.
Earn digital badges
Receive a digital badge for every completed course that you can download and share with your professional network.
Become an expert
Use your specialist training to build confidence, progress further in your career, or build expertise in areas you're passionate about.
All Typsy courses are endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
Typsy courses have been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality which demonstrates the courses:
- Adhere to good practice standards in training and training delivery
- Are relevant to the needs of the industry
- Meet a wide range of essential criteria relating to quality standards and quality learning outcomes
What to expect when you learn on Typsy
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into lessons that you can complete as quickly or slowly as you like.
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, downloadable resources, and practical activities.
- Stay motivated by using the progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores.
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners.
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course.
- Join the conversation by following us on social media and replying to comments from others.
What our members are saying
"I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are."
"Been loving Typsy so far! It was honestly like love at first sight, with the plethora of informative courses at my fingertips in such high quality and certified instructors. I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are, whether you're a novice or an expert... Highly recommend Typsy to everyone who's a part of the hospitality industry."
"It assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills."
"I have been using the Typsy online training platform since April 2020 and have found it to be very informative, simple, and it provides hands-on, practical skills that I have been able to immediately implement at my accommodation facility. It also assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills to enhance my guests' experiences in the future."
Included in Typsy Premium
Start learning today - with your free 10-day trial.
After your free trial you can:
- Pay per year to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Learn at your own pace
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network