This course is included in a Typsy Premium subscription along with 150+ other courses.
What does it take to solve a problem? Sometimes technical skills and knowledge are enough to help you find solutions - but what do you do if you come across a problem you’ve never had to solve before? What happens if it’s a problem you’ve never even heard of?
This is where creative problem solving becomes your best friend. You might not think problem solving is its own skill, with a distinct set of techniques and benefits, but learning how to think laterally and creatively is one of the best assets you can bring to your workplace, no matter your role.
Technical skills can help you solve specific problems related to those skills - but problem solving skills empower you to think outside the box and find a range of solutions for a variety of issues. So in this online course led by Ioannis Pantelidis, you’ll get started developing a varied creative toolkit to help you tackle all sorts of problems you might face.
What you'll learn in the Problem solving and creative thinking course
- How to nurture creative thinking in a professional setting
- Best practices for establishing creative working environments
- How to reframe problems to find innovative solutions
- The Socratic method for problem solving
- The importance of team playing in problem solving
- A four-step process for identifying solutions
- How creativity can help you recover from failure
- The role of creativity in the hospitality industry
- How to find, and use, creative inspiration
Who the Problem solving and creative thinking course is for
This online course is aimed at hospitality leaders, or aspiring leaders, who are interested in individual and team professional development.
Meet your instructor
11 lessons included in this course
Prove you’re job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass the quiz.
- Earn a digital badge that you can print or share on
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dream a reality.
How courses work
Start a course to master new skills in your chosen specialist area. Work through a series of topic-focused lessons at your own pace, and pass the final quiz to earn a digital certificate that proves your expertise.
Join a 10-day trial
Begin a free trial where you get access to all courses, quizzes, and certificates that you can complete anytime during the 10 days. Cancel anytime with no charge.
Watch all the lessons
Complete all the lessons included in the course. Each lesson is generally 3-5 minutes long.
Pass the quiz
At the end of each course is a quiz. The quiz will test that you have retained the key learning outcomes in each course.
Earn digital badges
Receive a digital badge for every completed course that you can download and share with your professional network.
Become an expert
Use your specialist training to build confidence, progress further in your career, or build expertise in areas you're passionate about.
All Typsy courses are endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
Typsy courses have been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality which demonstrates the courses:
- Adhere to good practice standards in training and training delivery
- Are relevant to the needs of the industry
- Meet a wide range of essential criteria relating to quality standards and quality learning outcomes
What to expect when you learn on Typsy
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into lessons that you can complete as quickly or slowly as you like.
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, downloadable resources, and practical activities.
- Stay motivated by using the progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores.
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners.
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course.
- Join the conversation by following us on social media and replying to comments from others.
What our members are saying
"I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are."
"Been loving Typsy so far! It was honestly like love at first sight, with the plethora of informative courses at my fingertips in such high quality and certified instructors. I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are, whether you're a novice or an expert... Highly recommend Typsy to everyone who's a part of the hospitality industry."
"It assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills."
"I have been using the Typsy online training platform since April 2020 and have found it to be very informative, simple, and it provides hands-on, practical skills that I have been able to immediately implement at my accommodation facility. It also assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills to enhance my guests' experiences in the future."
Included in Typsy Premium
Start learning today - with your free 10-day trial.
After your free trial you can:
- Pay per year to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Learn at your own pace
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network