The executive chef is the leader of a professional kitchen. Also known as a head chef or chef de cuisine, this person is in charge of all back of house activities, from menu planning and ordering, to rostering and mentoring of kitchen staff.
As an executive chef, cooking will be the easiest job you do. While your culinary skills allowed you to take your career to a leadership position, your managerial and business skills will now get a chance to really shine through. Beyond preparing meals that your customers love, you will have to exercise big picture thinking to ensure the restaurant remains profitable and your team is continuously developing.
It all comes down to having the right people, the right products and the right processes in place. If you can bring these together, quality service is guaranteed!
Culinary leadership expert Glenn Flood has worked as a chef and kitchen manager for two decades. In his current role, he looks after a chef brigade that exceeds 1100, serving 18 million customers a year. With a passion for watching others excel, Glenn is dedicated to helping up and coming chefs reach their full potential.
Over ten lessons, Glenn shares his industry expertise to help you refine your communication skills, develop awareness of your management style, identify gaps that are holding you back, and unpack the skills you need to help your business grow.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The job requirements, duties and responsibilities of an executive chef
- Essential chef leadership skills
- How to be a great communicator in a leadership position
- Why strategic planning is crucial in a professional kitchen
- How to promote teamwork in the kitchen
- Staff coaching and mentoring tips that will foster a culture of learning
- The importance of systems in kitchen management
- How to plan a menu that customers will love
- The role of back of house staff in customer service
If you work back of house, this is the course for you! Skill up today with tips from the world’s best and take your culinary career to the next level!