This course is included in a Typsy Premium subscription along with 150+ other courses.
COVID-19 is at the forefront of everybody's minds and people want assurance that they will be safe and protected when going about their day-to-day business. As guests return to travel and hotel bookings increase, guests not only want to feel safe but also feel confident that their hotel of choice understands the importance of infection control and how to achieve this.
In this online course, Nina Fairweather, consultant in the hospitality industry, will explain actions on what, when, and how to clean and disinfect all surfaces found in a hotel. You’ll learn how to use personal protective equipment safely, how to handle equipment safely, and how to clean when a person is identified with COVID-19 or other infectious diseases.
What you'll learn in the Cleaning practices for infection control course
- The difference between ‘normal’ cleaning and cleaning for infection control
- The cleaning and disinfection process for infection control
- How to map an area to identify high touch and low touch surfaces
- How to design a cleaning plan for infection control cleaning
- How to clean electronics, soft furnishings, and laundry objects
- How to clean shared equipment
- Understand why using clean equipment is important
- How to store your cleaning equipment and supplies
- The correct handling and disposing of waste
- The initial steps to take if someone is diagnosed with COVID-19
- How to prepare for cleaning if someone is diagnosed with COVID-19
- How to carry out enhanced, or environmental cleaning if someone is diagnosed with COVID-19
Who the Cleaning practices for infection control course is for
This online course is aimed at hotel staff who clean any area in a hotel.
Meet your instructor
7 lessons included in this course
Prove you’re job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass the quiz.
- Earn a digital badge that you can print or share on
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dream a reality.
How courses work
Start a course to master new skills in your chosen specialist area. Work through a series of topic-focused lessons at your own pace, and pass the final quiz to earn a digital certificate that proves your expertise.
Join a 10-day trial
Begin a free trial where you get access to all courses, quizzes, and certificates that you can complete anytime during the 10 days. Cancel anytime with no charge.
Watch all the lessons
Complete all the lessons included in the course. Each lesson is generally 3-5 minutes long.
Pass the quiz
At the end of each course is a quiz. The quiz will test that you have retained the key learning outcomes in each course.
Earn digital badges
Receive a digital badge for every completed course that you can download and share with your professional network.
Become an expert
Use your specialist training to build confidence, progress further in your career, or build expertise in areas you're passionate about.
All Typsy courses are endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
Typsy courses have been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality which demonstrates the courses:
- Adhere to good practice standards in training and training delivery
- Are relevant to the needs of the industry
- Meet a wide range of essential criteria relating to quality standards and quality learning outcomes
What to expect when you learn on Typsy
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into lessons that you can complete as quickly or slowly as you like.
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, downloadable resources, and practical activities.
- Stay motivated by using the progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores.
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners.
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course.
- Join the conversation by following us on social media and replying to comments from others.
What our members are saying
"I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are."
"Been loving Typsy so far! It was honestly like love at first sight, with the plethora of informative courses at my fingertips in such high quality and certified instructors. I especially love how crisp and easy to follow these courses are, whether you're a novice or an expert... Highly recommend Typsy to everyone who's a part of the hospitality industry."
"It assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills."
"I have been using the Typsy online training platform since April 2020 and have found it to be very informative, simple, and it provides hands-on, practical skills that I have been able to immediately implement at my accommodation facility. It also assisted in sharpening and updating my current skills to enhance my guests' experiences in the future."
Included in Typsy Premium
Start learning today - with your free 10-day trial.
After your free trial you can:
- Pay per year to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Learn at your own pace
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network