You’ve seen the rat-infested, mold-covered restaurants featured on Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares. As a hospitality professional, you were probably more mortified than the average viewer.
But here’s the thing – when it comes to food safety, it’s not always as obvious as the terrible conditions of Kitchen Nightmares might lead you to believe.
There are so many different things to consider with food safety – from how you organize the fridge to how you throw out meat off-cuts – that some aspects get overlooked. But there should never be any shortcuts taken with food safety.
With the health and wellbeing of your customers and your own business and reputation to look after, food safety and hygiene must become the top priority in your kitchen.
In this course, chef and TV personality Alastair McLeod takes you through the basics of food safety and hygiene in a professional kitchen.
With years of experience as a chef in restaurants around the world, Alastair has seen his fair share of kitchens – the good and the bad – and is well-versed in what it takes to keep a kitchen clean.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The proper hand washing procedure for food safety
- The importance of personal hygiene in the kitchen
- The importance of cleanliness and sanitation in the kitchen
- Dealing with food allergies
- How to prevent food from spoiling
- How to prevent cross contamination
- The importance of proper food storage
- Why temperature control matters for food safety
- The importance of food safety standards
This course is for all you back of house staff looking to skill up. Learn how to keep your kitchen sparkling and ace those food safety standards!