High risk surfaces in staff areas
Issued by: Diversey
Cleaning and disinfection is one of the most important responsibilities you have. No matter the task or area, you need to use a methodical approach to prepare, clean and disinfect thoroughly every time.
In the High risk surfaces in staff areas course, Diversey will teach you what a high risk surface is, and how to clean different staff areas within a hospitality venue.
You'll also learn how to use chemicals to clean surfaces. For your safety, Diversey recommends you pay attention to proper dosage of these chemicals when cleaning. You can find these details on the Diversey product label on each item bottle. Each chemical also has a Safety Data Sheet. These are available at your workplace, or on the Diversey website. Links are available in each lesson in this course.
By the end of this course you will be able to
- Identify what surfaces are high risk in staff areas
- How to prepare supplies and areas for cleaning
- How to clean and disinfect kitchen areas
- How to clean and disinfect back of house areas
- How to clean and disinfect staff washroom areas
- How to clean and disinfect staff office areas
- How to clean and disinfect staff laundry areas
- How frequently you should clean staff areas
- Shift-ending procedures to implement in your cleaning program
Duration: 38m 40s
By watching all the lessons and receiving a pass mark of 80% or more on the quiz, the earner of this credential will show an understanding of how to identify and clean high risk surfaces in a variety of staff areas, how to prepare supplies for cleaning, how frequently staff areas should be cleaned, and shift-ending procedures to implement in a cleaning program.