Destination NSW Sustainability Skills Micro-credentials: Round Two
Destination NSW has partnered with EarthCheck, the world’s leading sustainable advisory and scientific benchmarking company for tourism, to fully fund a second round of Sustainability Skills Micro-credentials for NSW visitor economy businesses.
Learn the foundations of sustainability for your business operations to meet changing consumer needs and drive cost savings.
Expressions of interest open Tuesday, 10 October 2023 and for any queries please contact email@example.com
The free Sustainability Skills Micro-credentials are practical, accessible, and designed specifically for the visitor economy across three courses: Sustainability 101, Sustainability and your Experience Delivery and Sustainability Management to ultimately help grow your business.
The program will support you to:
- Increase operational efficiency and reduce costs
- Develop a better understanding of sustainability at home and at work
- Build confidence in implementing sustainability actions in your business
- Build your business reputation through sustainable action.
The program participation is limited with a maximum of two applicants per business. The courses can be taken at your own pace and offer a flexible learning style. On completion of all three courses, each participant will receive a co-branded certificate from Destination NSW and EarthCheck for the Sustainability Skills Micro-credentials.
Here is what visitor economy businesses are saying about the micro-credentials:
"I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The course gave me a deeper insight and the tools to help me make changes for the greater good for my business and our guest's experience."
"The online learning system was great to be able to watch in my own time around working in a small business."
"Targeted to tourism industry with good examples of how it has been applied."
The Sustainability Skills Micro-credentials is part of the NSW First Program, delivered by Destination NSW to assist businesses across the state to develop, promote and sell great visitor experiences.
- Expressions of Interest open 10 October 2023.
- For successful applicants
After submitting your EOI, it may take up to one week to obtain your login details and be onboarded.
- Program completion
The program completion date is 30 June 2024.
- Applicants must be registered and operating in NSW.
- Applicants must operate a tour, attraction, bookable experience at cellar doors, breweries, distilleries and farm gates or an accommodation business.
- Applicants must have an active NSW ATDW listing under the categories tour, attraction, food and drink or accommodation.
- Applicants must articulate how participating in the program will transform their business.
- Maximum two applications per business and applications for multiple locations for the same business will not be accepted.
- Applications with incorrect or incomplete details will not be considered.
- The program is limited (maximum two per business) and will be assessed on a first come, first served basis and best fit to eligibility criteria.
Expression of Interest (EOI)
Once you have expressed your interest to join the program, EarthCheck will assess your eligibility to join.
If successful, you will receive an email from EarthCheck and Typsy with your account activation details. Follow the link to enter and activate your account. Participants will receive log in details from 17 October 2023. It may take up to one week to obtain your login details and be onboarded.
Through the program you will have access to all three sustainability courses – Sustainability 101, Sustainable Management and Sustainability and Your Experience Delivery. You will have until 30 June 2024 to complete the courses.
On completion of the three courses you will be sent a short feedback form for completion. Once your form has been submitted you will receive your Destination NSW and EarthCheck Certificate of Completion demonstrating your commitment to the program.