Introducing surface cleaning
Issued by: Diversey
In hospitality, we come into contact with lots of different types of surfaces. And we're all more aware than ever that keeping up good hygiene and cleanliness is one of the best ways to limit the spread of illness and infection.
In the Introducing surface cleaning course, Diversey will teach you what surfaces to clean, how to clean them, when to clean, and how to develop an efficient cleaning workflow.
You'll also learn how to use chemicals to clean surfaces. For your safety, Diversey recommends you pay attention to proper dosage of these chemicals when cleaning. You can find these details on the Diversey product label on each item bottle. Each chemical also has a Safety Data Sheet. These are available at your workplace, or on the Diversey website. Links are available in each lesson in this course.
By the end of this course you will be able to
- Identify what surfaces and textures to clean as a housekeeper
- Work purposefully and efficiently when it comes to cleaning an area
- Demonstrate efficient and effective cleaning practices to maintain high levels of cleaning hygiene
- Practice and demonstrate four main methods used for a variety of surfaces within a hotel
- Demonstrate efficient and effective cleaning of ceilings, glass, and stainless steel surfaces
Duration: 39m 7s
By watching all the lessons and receiving a pass mark of 80% or more on the quiz, the earner of this credential will show an understanding of how to identify and clean surfaces and textures as a housekeeper, safely use chemicals to clean, and effectively clean ceilings, glass, and stainless steel.