High risk surfaces in public and guest areas
Issued by: Diversey
A hotel is full of public and guest areas, including the lobby areas, public washrooms, leisure areas, restaurants and bars, business center areas, and guest rooms. Keeping these areas clean is not only a matter of safety for yourself and your guests, but also helps leave guests with a positive impression of your hotel's hygiene practices.
In the High risk surfaces in public and guest areas course, Diversey will teach you what a high risk surface is, and how to clean different public and guest areas within a hotel.
You'll also learn how to use chemicals to clean surfaces. For your safety, Diversey recommends you pay attention to proper dosage of these chemicals when cleaning. You can find these details on the Diversey product label on each item bottle. Each chemical also has a Safety Data Sheet. These are available at your workplace, or on the Diversey website. Links are available in each lesson in this course.
By the end of this course you will be able to
- Identify what surfaces are high risk in public and guest areas
- How to prepare supplies and areas for cleaning
- How to clean and disinfect lobby areas
- How to clean and disinfect public washroom areas
- How to clean and disinfect leisure areas
- How to clean and disinfect restaurant and bar areas
- How to clean and disinfect business centers
- How to clean and disinfect guest room areas
- How frequently to clean public and guest areas
- Shift-ending procedures to implement in your cleaning program
Duration: 59m 57s
By watching all the lessons and receiving a pass mark of 80% or more on the quiz, the earner of this credential will show an understanding of how to identify and clean high risk surfaces in a variety of public and guest areas, how to prepare supplies for cleaning, how frequently staff areas should be cleaned, and shift-ending procedures to implement in a cleaning program.